Sunday, April 06, 2008

Saving The Planet

Wow, I must say there are many ways in which we as humans can contribute to help the environment. Even if it’s just a tad bit, a little goes along way.

· In my kitchen most of the gadgets we use are metal, like our bowls and plates. It is so much easier to clean.

· I can always try and save energy by shutting my computer off before I leave the house, even if it’s just for 10 minutes.

· I recently subscribed to a magazine and instead of throwing it out, I can offer it to my friend that buys its monthly.

· After we are done with our laundry we hang them to dry.

· I usually buy a bottle of water and I use it for that week by refilling, but I should switch to a glass bottle like Dr. Smith.

· I don’t have a membership card for the gym because I DON’T NEED IT. You can exercise for free… plus most of the equipment at the gym requires electricity.

· I hate writing, so I think this semester is the best and the least I have written!

· I have a habit of keep the water running while I’m brushing my teeth so I guess it won’t hurt to turn it off.

· I guess it won’t hurt to change to fluorescent light bulbs. My bathroom is the only one that has a fluorescent light bulb.

· During the summer time we have BBQ’S we usually use the same trash bag to dump the coal until it’s ¾ full. But it’s also bad because the fumes that go into the air…

· I usually let my hair air dry, but the rest of my family blow dry their hair for a good 15 minutes, especially my sister and my mom.

· My sister unplugs her cell phone charger and only charges her phone if her battery hits below 25% I should do that too.

No comments: